IMU Education (IMU) and Ministry of Health (MOH) are collaborating in enhancing the engagement of patient safety training through the deployment of online interactive course. This course will be used to strengthen the knowledge of patient safety in health care. It will also act as an orientation programme and on the job training for healthcare professionals.
What Will be Covered in This Course?
This course covers 7 topics as listed below:
- WHAT IS PATIENT SAFETY-THE BASIC CONCEPT
- SAFE SURGERY
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION TO IMPROVE PATIENT SAFETY
- INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE
- MEDICATION SAFETY
- INCIDENT REPORTING AND LEARNING FROM ERROR
Time involved in the course
This course is taught online only. There is no set time frame, so you can do the activities whenever suits you best. It should take approximately 4 hours to complete but this can vary depending on your learning style.
- Provide sufficient knowledge for junior healthcare professionals to practice safely
- Provide awareness in safety skills such as anticipation and mindfulness of hazards, and flexibility as well as adaptability, including recovery from error.